dn's Oatmeal and Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup quick cooking, rolled oats
1 1/4 cups brown/golden sugar, firmly packed
1 cup block margarine, softened
2 eggs (room temperature)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup FAT FREE sour cream
4 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup sultana raisins, washed, rinsed and dried (I wash them to remove any grit/sand from the commercial drying process then lay them on a paper towel to air dry for an hour or so)
1 cup chopped almonds
- Combine flours, soda and salt.
- Stir in oats and set aside.
- Cream sugar and margarine until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Stir in dry ingredients just until blended.
- Stir in sour cream and mix just until blended.
- Mix in chips, raisins and nuts.
- Drop by heaping teaspoons onto parchment paper lined baking sheets.
- Bake in 350F oven for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
- Carefully slide the parchment paper and hot cookies onto a wire rack to cool.
Yields 9 to 10 dozen delicious cookies.
Note; if you don't have a stand mixer this recipe is better cut in half to prevent overworking the moter of a hand mixer.