Monday, November 10, 2008

An Open Letter - Part 1

Dear Mr. Right;

I'm not sure if we have already met or not, but my instincts tell me that our paths have probably already crossed at some point.

I'm sorry if I was not what you were expecting or hoping for. My packaging isn't exactly attractive, but if you are willing to take the time to get to know me, you will see that there is an intelligent, open minded, compassionate and loving person on the inside. I've tried wearing make-up to make myself more "presentable" but the truth is that make-up made me feel even more self conscious of my appearance and that I was "hiding" who I really am. If I am to be truly accepted and loved, then you must see me as I really am from day one. I know that may be a lot to ask, but if you are my soul mate, then you will understand.

If you have been reading this blog, you already know a lot about me - including the fact that on numerous occasions, I've made references to believing that I am to be alone and single in this life. It's true, I have said that. The fact that I am 50 and single says a lot. I've never come close to a long term relationship and I accepted a long time ago that I'd probably never marry.

It isn't that I never wanted you in my life or in my heart. I did - I do - but if I allow myself to keep searching or hoping to find you, then I may be tempted to settle for a Mr. Okay instead of you. I know that sounds silly, but I've seen so many others searching desperately for that one person and end up with Mr. Right Now because they are just so tired of being alone and meeting Mr. Wrong's.

I've always believed that you are out there somewhere and that when the time is right we would at the very least meet each other.

There are definitely times that I do wish you were here. It would be wonderful to be able to talk with you and share our lives.

We could share the days' adventures and embrace our nights. The possibilities are endless! We could go for walks, watch movies, play cribbage or backgammon or other games. We can discuss social issues, politics and countless other topics. I'm not a big sports person but I'd love to go mini golfing, 10 pin bowling or canoeing - haven't done any of those in years! Assuming that you drive and can afford the gas, we could go for drives and take trips to all kinds of places, If you like to travel, there are lots of places I'd love to explore. We could cross a lot of things off of "My Bucket List"! I'd also love to just enjoy the quiet times together - the contentment in knowing that even in silence you are with the one you love.

I hope you have a really good sense of humour - you will definitely need it around me. I have a wickedly warped and slightly twisted funny bone. My humour has gotten me through a lot - It would be really hard not to be able to share the funny side of me with you. I love being able to laugh with someone and seeing the lighter side of things.

Do you cook? At least one of my friends married a man who couldn't even boil water! What a disaster! I love a man who can cook and also clean up after himself. A man who actually cooks even the simplest of meals for his love is very sexy! I really enjoy baking and cooking, but sometimes, it is just really refreshing to have someone else prepare the food without going out or getting take out/delivery.

(to be continued...)

dn

No comments: