Monday, March 31, 2008

Abbreviations and Emoticons!

There is a whole other language that I am learning on the web and through emails. The shortcuts and abbreviations in typing are overwhelming. There are entire sites dedicated to translating those sometimes confusing jumbles of letters, numbers and symbols. One that I found particularly helpful is;
http://www.webopedia.com/quick_ref/textmessageabbreviations.asp
Some of the listings are fairly obvious and some are rather obscure but it has a lot of good info. It lists the abbreviation and then the definition.

There are several abbreviations that we use on a regular basis on the wiki. These include;
LOL - laughing out loud
ROFL - rolling on floor laughing
LMBO - laughing my butt off
(It is also permissible to combine these such as ROFLOL or ROFLMBO!)
JMO - just my opinion
IMHO - in my humble opinion
BTW - by the way
U - you, R - are, B4 - before and b/c - because

I could go on but those are the most common ones that I've come across. However, a few months ago, I received an email called "emoticons" that, well, let's just say that it offered some new and interesting alternatives for expressing oneself. Take a look;

We all know those cute little computer symbols called"emoticons," where:
:) means a smile and
:( is a frown.

Sometimes these are represented by:
-) or :-(

Well, how about some "ASSICONS? "Here goes:
(_!_) a regular ass
(__!__) a fat ass
(!) a tight ass
(_*_) a sore ass
{_!_} a swishy ass
(_o_) an ass that's been around
(_x_) kiss my ass
(_X_) leave my ass alone
(_zzz_) a tired ass
(_E=mc2_) a smart ass
(_$_) Money coming out of his ass
(_?_) Dumb Ass
You have just been e-mooned!


BTW, I M ROFLMBO! R U?

dn

No comments: